Ridgistorm-XL Large Diameter Pipe System
Ridgistorm-XL is an engineered thermoplastic large diameter pipe system, in diameters 750-3000mm, for use in a wide variety of applications including surface water, foul water, combined sewers, large scale flood alleviation schemes, renewable energy and even displacement ventilation.
It is robust, reliable and long lasting, with a design life in excess of 100 years, making it one of the most adaptable large diameter piping solutions in the UK. By analysing site conditions and installation parameters, the system can be engineered to exact stiffness classifications so that it meets the required loading specification for a project without being over or under specified.
We also offer a range of pre-fabricated, engineered solutions which are designed to integrate seamlessly within existing drainage or water management systems, including our Ridgidrain, Ridgisewer or Ridgistorm-XL systems.
Features & Benefits
- Diameters 750 - 3000mm
- Pipe lengths 1.25m – 12m
- Integrally socketed system to aid pipe alignment
- Modularised system incorporating pre-fabricated flow controllers, treatment devices, manholes and fittings
- Lighter weight reduces plant requirements
- Electro-fusion welding, seal jointing & extrusion welding
- Extremely durable – service lifetime expectancy of at least 100 years
- Designed to optimum stiffness classification
- Excellent load bearing capability
- Superior performance in areas of differential settlement
- Excellent resistance to sulphate and chemical attack
- Superior hydraulic performance achieved through smooth bore
- 100% recyclable
- Pre-fabricated dry weather flow channels available
- Saddles available for 150mm lateral pipe connections
Project examplesView all
Polypipe, the UK’s leading manufacturer of sustainable drainage and water management products, has seen its Ridgistorm-XL large diameter piping system used as part of a flood alleviation scheme...View