Working closely with construction company, The Carey Group Plc, and international consultancy and construction company Mace, Polypipe’s supply and install partner, SEL, undertook an evaluation of theView
Surface Water Treatment
Run-off from both urban and greenfield sites can contain many forms of diffused pollution, including sediment, oils, metals, fertilizer, pesticides and domestic and industrial rubbish. All can have a negative environmental impact on natural watercourses and coastal waters.
Polypipe offers a range of surface water treatment techniques, such as:
- RIDGISTORMSeparate Silt Traps, Catchpits and Chambers
- Ridgitreat surface water treatment pipes
- RIDGISTORM-X4 Stormwater Treatment System
- Permachannel linear treatment channels
- Permavoid Biomat treatment modular cells
- Permaceptor silt and oil interceptors
- Permafilter treatment geotextiles
They act as filters, removing many pollutants through collection and biodegradation before returning cleansed water to the natural environment.