The Polypipe Terrain fabrication service has long been a unique offering with many years of manufacturing expertise able to distinguish us from our competitors.
Through much experience, we have the ability to help you overcome tricky on-site installation issues through the use of either Standard Special Fabrications or Custom Special Fabrications or increasingly popular now, the capability of significantly reducing on-site installation costs through the use of Pre-fabricated Drainage Stacks.
Working closely with the Polypipe Terrain Technical Services Team:
- These are produced by making slight modifications to existing terrain products to suit frequently occurring design problems eg: special gutter angles for bay windows, conservatories etc.
- These products tend to be required regularly, but in small quantities.
- Most of these items will be available from stock, within the usual lead times of standard product.
- Please note that "standard specials" have an F prefix added to the standard product code and can be found listed in our price list.
- These are designed and fabricated specifically to meet the unique needs on-site or from special architectural features that cannot be overcome with standard products.
- Once designed, items can be available as a one-off, or small batch basis, as well as in large quantities to meet the demands of the particular project.
- Specials will be produced to your precise specification in virtually any size or shape
- Custom specials provide solutions to otherwise unsolvable design challenges
- Availability of these items will be subject to the complexity of the items and the quantity required.
However, we will discuss this with you at time of design and will always endeavour to meet your own time constraints.
Pre-Fabricated Drainage Stacks
With increased labour shortages and reduced construction times, it is recognised that there are many benefits to be had through off-site manufacturing. Solving problems at the design and manufacturing stage ensure "right first time" quality, increased predictability of construction time and cost and improvements to both productivity and health and safety.
"Prefab Stacks" consist of drainage components pre-assembled at the factory to a pre-determined design to provide a modular drainage system bespoke to your project requirements.
- Time and labour costs are reduced significantly on site through a minimised number of joints needing to be made.
- Individual components are all but eradicated, sparing the need to gather many parts together, again saving time.
- Reliable jointing methods and sealed waste connections often reduce air-testing time, reducing "hidden" costs significantly.
- All stacks arrive on site with clear identification relative to DAD drawing details
- Prefab stacks are especially beneficial for repetitive scenarios (eg: hotels / accommodation blocks)
Where stacks are designed specifically, CAD technology is used to provide accurate drawings, along with all relevant dimensions prior to being passed to our manufacturing team.